01389 767 625

Personal Injury

personal injury

Millions of people are involved in accidents every year at work, at home or in a public place, or even while receiving medical treatment, and in many of these cases, it is not their fault.

Our personal injury team specialise in all types of injury claims and can help you receive the compensation you deserve. We can help you claim for any type of accident including:

  • Accidents at work
  • Road traffic accidents
  • Cycling accidents
  • Industrial diseases
  • Medical negligence claims
  • Cosmetic Negligence claims
  • Slip and trip accidents
  • Faulty equipment and product liability claims
  • Accidents abroad

Our specialist personal injury solicitors will explain the entire process of making a claim, and give you an estimate of how much they think your claim is worth. We pride ourselves on striving to achieve the best compensation outcome for our clients.

Can I Make a Compensation Claim?

If you can show the injury was because of someone else’s negligence, you can make a claim for compensation. Even if the accident was partly your fault, you could still claim what is known as ‘contributory negligence’ for the other party’s share of the fault. A negotiation will be made between your solicitor and the negligent party’s solicitor to decide what proportion of the injury to apply to each side. For example, if you were to blame for 40% of the accident, a 40% reduction would be made to your compensation.

What Types of Compensation can I Claim for?

You can claim compensation for physical and mental injury, including psychological damage. You can also claim compensation for loss of earnings for the period you were in recovery (which can include overtime if you can prove you routinely work overtime). ‘Compensation for services’ can be claimed by someone close who has cared for you following the accident and can also cover domestic help costs incurred as a result of your accident. Close relatives of deceased victims can claim for ‘loss of society’ – for the suffering caused by losing a loved one, and ‘loss of support’ where the deceased was the main financial provider.

How do I Start my Claim for Compensation?

Speak to a solicitor as soon as possible after the accident has happened. It is important you keep any witness contact details, damaged clothing or equipment from the accident, and any receipts for replacing damaged items. You will also need to keep any wage slips from the time of the accident to help your claim. Our specialist personal injury solicitors will take it from there, ensuring you receive the best possible compensation you deserve.

Contact our Personal Injury Solicitors in Dumbarton Today

Contact us today to speak to one of our personal injury solicitors. Our experience and expertise in the personal injury field will make the process straightforward, with our solicitors keeping you informed every step of the way. Contact us via our online contact form or call us now on 01389 767 625.

Make an enquiry

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Please confirm you are not a robot
Invalid Input